Personal Information Voluntarily Provided by Users
Most areas of this Web site require that you submit information in order to access specific content, features, interactive tools, services or participate in one of our programs or, to contact us to ask questions or provide comments. Depending on the particular activity or the program, we may also ask for:
Personal information that is collected through this Web Site includes, but is not limited to, the name, contact information (e.g. address, phone number, email, fax number), professional credentials, education information, and government IDs (e.g. National Provider Identifier number and Medicaid provider number) of health care providers who use the Program; and the name, contact information, Social Security number or other government identification, date of birth, , financial, insurance, medical and health information (including biometric information) of patients and their families. By disclosing personal information about someone else on this Web Site, you certify that you have the authority to disclose such personal information and have obtained, if required by HIPAA, or other applicable privacy laws, the individual's authorization for the disclosure.
We use personal information for various business purposes, including fulfilling you and your patients’ requests and providing program services to patients (see Use Personal Information below). You may always choose not to provide the required information, but then you and your patient may not be able to participate in the particular activity that requires the information.
Information Collected From Third Party Sources
We occasionally supplement your, or your patients', personal information with information we receive from other sources, e.g., to verify contact information, professional status, specialty, to verify insurance benefits, and determine eligibility for assistance programs and/or to provide you with more tailored information about our products and services.
Use of Personal Information
In addition to the uses mentioned above, we use your, and your patients', personal information to:
- Provide the Programs services, including processing and tracking status of applications. This information may also be used to communicate with you and your patients via phone, fax, or through the Web Site about the services, to process and fulfill requests, orders, and transactions, and provide other responsive information to the information that you have shared via this Web Site.
- Provide you with customer service and communicate with you, solicit your feedback (e.g., through surveys), and improve our Web site, products and services.
- Facilitate our business operations, including performing analytics, assessing quality and safety as well as improving our products, services, technology, and security, auditing interactions with individuals.
- Aggregate and/or de-identify information about users or to use suggestions, comments, and ideas that are not personally identifiable. Bristol-Myers Squibb will not treat as confidential any information that you provide that is not personally identifiable, such as questions, comments, ideas, or suggestions. You should be aware that Bristol-Myers Squibb will be free to disclose through any means and use for any purpose such information in their sole discretion.
- Personalize and customize this Web site with references to products and/or services that we believe may be of interest to you, e.g., based on your previous interactions, information you have provided to us, or information about you that we have collected from third party sources. Contact you through a variety of means such as postal mail, phone, or e-mail to provide you with programs, services and educational information relating to other Bristol-Myers Squibb products and services Bristol-Myers Squibb believes may be of interest to you unless you opt out of these communications by contacting Bristol-Myers Squibb at (800)-332-2056.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Bristol-Myers Squibb does not sell or rent your personal information about you. Bristol Myers Squibb may disclose your, or your patients', personal information from this Web site to third parties as described below.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. Bristol-Myers Squibb may share personal information with its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Transfer of Control. Circumstances may arise where we decide to reorganize or divest part or all of a business or a line of our business (or any portion of our assets), including our information databases and Web sites, through a sale, divestiture, merger, acquisition, in the event of bankruptcy, or other means of transfer. In any such circumstance, personal information may be shared with, sold, transferred, rented, licensed or otherwise provided or made available by us or on our behalf to actual or potential parties to, and in connection with, the contemplated transaction (without your or your patient's consent or any further notice to you). In such circumstances, we will seek written assurances that personal information submitted through this Web site will be protected appropriately.
- Regulatory Requirements. If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products, we may use the information you provide in submitting reports to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and as otherwise required of us by law or governmental audit. We may also use the information to contact a patient's healthcare professional to follow up regarding an unexpected event involving the use of any one of our products. You understand that in order to comply with the law, we may not be permitted to comply with a request to amend or remove personal information that was provided to us by a healthcare professional or a patient regarding an adverse event or reaction involving medicine, medical products or medical devices.
- Law Enforcement. In rare situations, we may be required by court order or other legal or regulatory process, or as otherwise required by law to divulge personal information to law enforcement authorities, the courts, or regulatory authorities. Bristol-Myers Squibb will cooperate in responding to such requests, in accordance with the regulatory or legal process, and will take appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the sensitive nature of any health-related personal information they receive.
Update and Correction of Personal information
Web Server Data Collection and IP Addresses
State Rights (Access & Deletion for Certain Individuals)
You may have the right to request access to, or deletion of, your personal information under state law (e.g. California). These rights are not absolute and only apply in certain circumstances. This means that we may be unable (e.g. due to legal requirements), or not obligated, to satisfy your request. In some cases, we may need to collect additional information from you in order to verify your identity before we provide access or delete your information, such as government-issued identification. BMS will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights, but may not be able to provide you with services or programs that you have requested if we are not able to use your information. To submit requests please call 855-961-0474 or complete the online form at www.BMS.com/DPO/US/Request.
Privacy Policies Governing Linked Web Sites
Online Privacy for Children
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not intend to collect personal information from children under 18 years old. If a child has provided us with personal information, the parent or guardian of that child may contact us at (877) 274-0626.
Policy on Use of Social Security Numbers
Bristol-Myers Squibb has a policy which provides for the proper use and protection of Social Security numbers obtained in the course of doing business by Bristol-Myers Squibb. Such policy protects the confidentiality of Social Security numbers, prohibits unlawful disclosure of Social Security numbers, and limits access to Social Security numbers. This policy applies to all methods of collection of Social Security numbers, including Social Security numbers obtained by oral, written and electronic means.
P.O. Box 640
Palatine, IL 60078-0640